American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A confection, especially ice cream, containing a variety of chopped and usually candied fruits.
- n. A flavoring simulating the flavor of many fruits.
- adj. Having a combination of fruit flavors.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A confection flavored with or containing different kinds of fruit; specifically, ice-cream so made.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A confection of different kinds of preserved fruits.
- n. ice cream containing chopped candied fruits
- Italian : tutti, pl. of tutto, all + frutti, pl. of frutto, fruit. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“One thing's for sure, X thinks, staring out the window of the taxi as the city melts past in rain-smeared tutti-frutti neon, one thing's for sure: this is either a dream, or it isn't.”
“But something went seriously wrong along the way, as government funding dried up, exacerbated by Italy's economic crisis, and corporate sponsors such as Coca-Cola have jumped in as white or in Coke's case tutti-frutti knights.”
“And to top it all off,? tutti-frutti? macaroons: a typical French almond sweet reinterpreted with spring fruits in honour of the Cartier jewelry house?”
“Of course, she looks about as period as Carmen Miranda in full tutti-frutti.”
“Lychee and mangoes -- in fact, a bit tutti-frutti, but in a fun way.”
“Something has gone seriously wrong with Democratic ideology, which seems to have become a candied set of holier-than-thou bromides attached like tutti-frutti to a quivering green Jell-O mold of adolescent sentimentality.”
“Carmen MirandaSamba singer, known as “the lady in the tutti-frutti hat””
“We disagree about this just about every year and, once again, Dottie found it sober, relaxed, elegant and wise, while John found it somewhat clumsy, with tutti-frutti overtones.”
“Rio's Museum of Modern Art (MAM) has opened a major retrospective, "Carmen Miranda Forever" (through Jan. 22), with clips from her Hollywood hits and mounds of eyepopping bijouterie, sequined stage gowns and her patented tutti-frutti turbans.”
“I have the most wonderful recollections of my dad telling me about his dad who escaped the Nazis by wearing a lady outfit and taking the train all the way from Germany to the south of France; or his maternal grand-father who sold ice-cream – including the cherished tutti-frutti flavour – in Cannes.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tutti-frutti’.
Looking for tweets for tutti-frutti.