- n. sports A person who plays at two positions, not good enough at either to be restricted to it.
- n. tennis A shot that is hit between the legs. It was first popularized by Frenchman Yannick Noah.
- n. computing A computing device that is smaller than a traditional laptop, but larger than a PDA
- n. professional wrestling slang A professional wrestler who is neutral or morally ambiguous; neither a face nor a heel, or showing no favoritism to either allegiance.
- n. cinematography A person, machine or piece of software that performs tweening
- n. film A film that isn't very marketable because it's in between two genres.
- between + -er, i.e. someone who is caught in between (Wiktionary)
“We kind of look at the minis as what we call a tweener product," he said.”
“We were in what I call a tweener stage," Meadows says, referring to the basketball term for when a player isn't fast enough to be a point guard but isn't strong enough to be a power forward -- in other words, the worst of both worlds.”
“That's where the Titans drafted Kearse in 1999, taking a chance on someone called a tweener and seen more as a physical freak than polished product.”
“Federer successfully pulled off the shot - also known as a "tweener" - at the previous two U.S.”
“Federer successfully pulled off the shot - also known as a "tweener" - at the previous two”
“Antonio Coleman, Auburn, 6-1, 255: Coleman is a "tweener" - part end, part outside linebacker.”
“They say that he is a "tweener" - too small for a linebacker, too big for a strong safety.”
“In football a tweener is a ` person whose size complicates life for the coach ': Is the player big enough for the defensive line or is he outsized for linebacker?”
“But I explained that a tweener is a line-drive hit between the outfielders.”
“It's not your classic "tweener," its a more nonchalant version.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tweener’.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for tweener.