American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An area of ambiguity between two distinct states or conditions: a twilight zone between good and evil.
- n. A region or context located in between others and therefore not subject to their norms.
- n. figuratively a region in which surreal, supernatural, or fantastic events occur
- n. the ambiguous region between two categories or states or conditions (usually containing some features of both)
- n. the lowest level of the ocean to which light can reach
- From the anthology television series The Twilight Zone, first aired in 1959. (Wiktionary)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘twilight zone’.
you name the setting
I've tuned mine to be gentler and kinder
following suit is not mandatory but would be appreciated
Words that are generally seen in each other's company; words that, when mentioned, bring their partners to mind.
My big word list.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
You'll definitely need a map. Inspired by Son of Groucho's comment on Islets of Langerhans.
slough of despond, pit of despair, den of iniquity, islets of langerhans, hippocampus, boulevard of brok..., canals of hering, hesselbach's tria..., crypts of lieberkühn, angle of louis, circle of willis, traube's space and 102 more...
Rosarians have names for thousands of varieties of roses.
Countries, lands, cities that capture, or haunt, our dreams. Some of the places listed might be the names of actual localities, but here they are states of mind.
Mysterious places and lands I ought to visit...
Looking for tweets for twilight zone.