from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area of ambiguity between two distinct states or conditions: a twilight zone between good and evil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A region or context located in between others and therefore not subject to their norms.
- n. a region in which surreal, supernatural, or fantastic events occur
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ambiguous region between two categories or states or conditions (usually containing some features of both)
- n. the lowest level of the ocean to which light can reach
From the anthology television series The Twilight Zone, first aired in 1959. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.