from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball See two-base hit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A double (a two-base hit).
- n. An extremely unattractive person (usually female), the insinuation being that one bag covering her face would not be adequate. Within this joke, the second bag is often understood to cover the male's head in case the female's bag were to fall off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In base-ball, a two-base hit. Seehit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
Sorry, no etymologies found.