American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Baseball See two-base hit.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In base-ball, a two-base hit. Seehit.
- n. baseball A double (a two-base hit).
- n. slang, pejorative An extremely unattractive person (usually female), the insinuation being that one bag covering her face would not be adequate. Within this joke, the second bag is often understood to cover the male's head in case the female's bag were to fall off.
- n. a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
“Lefty Beverly whiffed eleven Springfielders over six innings, but gave up two hits to Diz, including a two-bagger.”
“March 31, 2008 at 03: 29 PM she's a definite two-bagger.”
“But a recording session in the presence of a live audience, and the greatness that is Mr. Levon Helm, or at least his barn, may have helped The Black Crowes nail it with this two-bagger.”
“That ugly guy looks like he's got a bad case of scoliosis to go along with his two-bagger face.”
“Johnny Evers followed with a two-bagger to the gap between center and right garden.”
“By the time the left scout retrieved the rock, Crazy Feet stood at second with a stand-up two-bagger.”
“Wathan followed directly after with a run-scoring two-bagger.”
“I was just trying to put it in play somewhere," said Wood of his two-bagger.”
“McKinley, who had a two-run double during a seven-run fourth inning, turned Harrisburg's 9-8 deficit into an 11-9 lead with his ninth-inning two-bagger.”
“Bowers capped the scoring with his 15th two-bagger this season, driving home Luis”
Looking for tweets for two-bagger.