from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the eyelids, characterized by thickening and hardening of the edges.
- n. A thickening of the horny layer of the skin as a result of chronic pressure or friction.
- n. See tylose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a thickening of the skin, especially of the eyelids
- n. a balloonlike growth in a plant cavity; a tylose
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An intrusion of one vegetable cell into the cavity of another, sometimes forming there an irregular mass of cells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a growth formed in the cavity of a duct by the intrusion of the wall of a contiguous cell through one or more of the perforations of the duct.
- n. An affection of the eyelids characterized by an indurated thickening of their edges.
- n. Same as leucoplacia.
- n. Callosity.
Crocker had an instance of this nature in a man with tylosis palmæ, in which the skin was cast off every autumn, but the process lasted two months.
Crocker had an instance of this nature in a man with tylosis palmae, in which the skin was cast off every autumn, but the process lasted two months.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.