from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cast in an acting role akin or natural to one's own personality or fitted to one's physical appearance.
- transitive v. To assign (a performer) repeatedly to the same kind of part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cast an actor in the same kind of role repeatedly.
- v. To identify someone as being of a specific type because of their appearance, colour, religion etc.
- v. To cast (change of data type of a variable or object).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. identify as belonging to a certain type
- v. cast repeatedly in the same kind of role
type + cast (Wiktionary)