from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- beyond the legal power or authority of a person or body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Beyond power; transcending authority; -- a phrase used frequently in relation to acts or enactments by corporations in excess of their chartered or statutory rights.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Beyond one's power; specifically, beyond the legal or constitutional power of a person, court, or corporation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. beyond the scope or in excess of legal power or authority
- adj. beyond the legal power or authority of a person or official or body etc
Latin “beyond the power” (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.