from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, forming, or of the nature of an umbel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing umbels; pertaining to an umbel; umbel-like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, bearing umbels; arranged in umbels; umbel-like: as, umbellate plants, flowers, or clusters.
- In zoöl, having an umbel, as a polyp; umbelliferous; having the shape of an umbel; umbelliform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling an umbel in form
- adj. bearing or consisting of or resembling umbels
Sorry, no etymologies found.