American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See sloth.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The South American two-toed sloth, Cholopus didactylus. See cut under Cholopus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) The two-toed sloth (Cholopus didactylus), native of South America. It is about two feet long. Its color is a uniform grayish brown, sometimes with a reddish tint.
- n. a sloth of Central America that has two long claws on each forefoot and three long claws on each hindfoot
- n. relatively small fast-moving sloth with two long claws on each front foot
- Brazilian Portuguese. (Wiktionary)
- Portuguese, from Tupi uná, lazy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“As soon as he was sure no one from the academy had been aware of his unau - thorized departure or had come after him, he quit looking back.”
“Kashmir Snowdon - Jones, 21, a sometime model and increasingly well-known Manhattan party girl, was charged Wednesday afternoon with identify theft and multiple counts of grand larceny for rack ing up $3,821.71 in unau thorized charges on a frenemy's credit card, according to cops and prosecutors.”
“Mr. Jeremiah Morrow, from the Committee on Public Lands, to whom was referred the bill from the Senate to prevent settlements being made on lands ceded to the United States unau - thorized by law, reported the same with sundry Mr. Jekhkiab Morrow moved the reference of this report to a Committee of the Whole.”
Internet Archive: The debates and proceedings in the Congress of the United States : with an appendix containing important state papers and public documents, and all the laws of a public nature; with a copious index; compiled from authentic materials
“United Spanish War Veterans, uniform, etc., of, wearing by unau - thorized persons, prohibited .....”
“/His spiky tongue goes clicking/Wherever it will fit "), quokka, and unau.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unau’.
Scrabble List: vowel dumps
Looking for tweets for unau.