from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See sloth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Choloepus didactylus, a two-toed sloth native to South America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The two-toed sloth (Cholopus didactylus), native of South America. It is about two feet long. Its color is a uniform grayish brown, sometimes with a reddish tint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The South American two-toed sloth, Cholopus didactylus. See cut under Cholopus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sloth of Central America that has two long claws on each forefoot and three long claws on each hindfoot
- n. relatively small fast-moving sloth with two long claws on each front foot
Portuguese, from Tupi uná, lazy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Brazilian Portuguese. (Wiktionary)