from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking backing or support.
- adj. Not having a back.
- adj. Never having been ridden, as a horse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no back
- adj. Having no (or few) backers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Never mounted by a rider; unbroken.
- adj. Not supported or encouraged; not countenanced; unaided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not having been backed; not taught to bear a rider; unbroken.
- Unsupported; left without aid; unaided; in sporting, not supported by bets: as, an unbacked horse.
- Not moved back or backward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unsupported by other people
un- + backed (Wiktionary)