from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To set free by removing bands or braces.
- transitive v. To release from tension; relax.
- transitive v. To make slack; weaken.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undo, unfasten; to relax, loosen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To free from tension; to relax; to loose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the points or braces of; free from tension or constraint; loose; relax: as, to unbrace a drum; to unbrace the arms; to unbrace the nerves.
- To carve; disjoint.
- To grow flaccid; relax; hang loose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. undo the ties of
- v. remove a brace or braces from
- v. remove from tension
From un- + brace. (Wiktionary)