from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something viewed from above through another medium, as of clouds viewed from an airplane.
- v. To allocate the parts in (a play or film) to insufficiently skilled actors.
- v. To throw under or beneath.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To cast under or beneath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In coal-mining, an air-course carried under a mine-road or -way by means of an air-tight box, or a passage cut through the rock or coal beneath the floor.
Sorry, no etymologies found.