from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To feed insufficiently.
- transitive v. To supply (an engine) with fuel from the underside.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to feed inadequately or insufficiently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To feed with too little food; to supply with an insufficient quantity of food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Noting apparatus which feeds or supplies fresh material from below; specifically, noting a form of mechanical feeder for fuel of boiler-furnaces, designed for bituminous coal rich in volatile components.
- To supply with too little food; feed insufficiently.
under- + feed (Wiktionary)