from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To take down something (such as a picture) from a hanging position
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To divest or strip of hangings; to remove the hangings, as a room.
- transitive v. To remove (something hanging or swinging) from that which supports it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To take or remove from a hanging position, as a picture or a bell, or a rapier from its hangers; also, to remove from its hinges or similar supports, as a door, a gate, or a shutter.
- To deprive of hangings, as a room.
un- + hang (Wiktionary)