from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing only one egg or offspring at a time.
- adj. Having produced only one offspring; primiparous.
- adj. Botany Forming a single axis at each branching, as certain flower clusters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing a single egg or offspring at one time
- adj. Having a cluster of flowers that form a single axis at each branching
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing but one egg or young at a time.
- adj. Producing but one axis of inflorescence; -- said of the scorpioid cyme.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing one at a birth: as, uniparous animals. In botany, having but one axis or branch: as, a uniparous cyme.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing only one offspring at a time
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.