Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The affirmation of the unipersonality of the Deity; the denial of the doctrine of the Trinity, or (rarely) of polytheism; the doctrines of the Unitarians.
- n. [lowercase] Any unitary system.
- n. [lowercase] In philosophy, the doctrine that mind and matter are one, or that there is but one general kind of substance.
- n. The belief in a single God, not divided into any aspects, particularly when presented as a contrast to Christian trinitarianism.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The doctrines of Unitarians.
- n. Christian doctrine that stresses individual freedom of belief and rejects the Trinity
“Isaac Newton's anti-Trinitarianism in the news: How "unitarianism" is a doctrinal leftover that Unitarian Universalists cling to somewhat irrationally.”
“Isaac Newton's anti-Trinitarianism in the news: In which I suggest that anti-Trinitarianism "unitarianism" is a kind of doctrinal leftover in Unitarian Universalism that we cling to somewhat irrationally; with 36 comments.”
“So I think it is historically misleading to say that Channing and his peers were rallying to "unitarianism" when I think one can more successfully make the case that they were rallying to a liberal and broad-minded Christianity.”
“Very few Unitarians or Universalists treated "unitarianism" or "universalism" as their religion.”
“The Progressives' unitarianism in opposing economic injustice has broadened in our day into a trinitarianism that focuses on concerns of race, class and gender, producing a host of studies treating the Founders' "sexism," "homophobia" and "racism.”
“On the unitarianism of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Biblical Unitarians.”
“One thing that makes this when “unitarianism” becomes “Unitarianism” hard to determine exactly is that U/unitarians are loath to recognize formalities as a matter of theological doctrine!”
“The orthodox, on the other hand, wanted no fellowship with unitarians; they viewed unitarianism as a soul damning heresy.”
“So mere creedal indifference towards unitarianism OR trinitarianism is itself a sign of unitarianism.”
“Of course, late-antique Greek trinitarianism denied that the Logos could be part of creation, while modern enlightenment unitarianism has either denied that the Logos exists or denied that it can be divine.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unitarianism’.
Including, but not limited to royalty.
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for unitarianism.