from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unravel or undo (something knit or tied) or become unraveled or undone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To unravel.
- v. To undo knitted stitches by reversing the knitting motion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To undo or unravel what is knitted together.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To untie, as a knot; unwrinkle or smooth out; undo, as knitted work.
- To become separated; relax.
un- + knit (Wiktionary)