from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disagreeable remark, situation, or act.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which is unpleasant.
- n. An unpleasant remark, behaviour, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Want of pleasantry.
- n. A state of disagreement; a falling out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Want of pleasantry; absence or the opposite of cheerfulness, humor, or gaiety; disagreeableness.
- n. An unpleasant occurrence; especially, a slight quarrel or falling out.
- n. A discomfort.
unpleasant + -ry (Wiktionary)