from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a musical instrument, arrangement, or performance that does not feature electronic amplification or modification; acoustic: "[His] fans will be pleased that more than half the cuts have the familiar sweetness, even when they include drums and a bit of snarling unplugged guitar” ( Jef Scoville).
- adv. Without electronic amplification or modification; acoustically: performed unplugged in an intimate café.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not plugged in.
- adj. Using acoustic instruments, especially in lieu of electric ones.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of unplug.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the plug removed; also, not plugged: in electrical testing, said of a resistance when the plug which short-circuits the coils of wire forming the resistance in the box of resistance-coils is taken out.
Sorry, no etymologies found.