from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To take out the screw or screws from.
- transitive v. To loosen, adjust, or remove by rotating.
- intransitive v. To become or allow to become unscrewed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To loosen a thing by turning it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To draw the screws from; to loose from screws; to loosen or withdraw (anything, as a screw) by turning it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draw the screws from; unfasten by taking out screws; also, to loosen (a screw) by turning it so as to withdraw it: often used figuratively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. loosen by turning
- v. loosen something by unscrewing it
Sorry, no etymologies found.