American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various derivatives of urea.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of urea with an acid radical. The ureides include a large number of urea-derivatives of very complex structure.
- n. chemistry any compound, of general formula R-CO-NH-CO-NH2 or R-CO-NH-CO-NH-CO-R', formally derived by the acylation of urea
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) Any one of the many complex derivatives of urea; thus, hydantoin, and, in an extended dense, guanidine, caffeine, et., are ureides.
- ure(a) + -ide. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ureide’.
Looking for tweets for ureide.