from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The abdomen or postabdomen of an arthropod.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The abdomen, or post-abdomen, of arthropods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In certain crustaceans, as the amphipods, the last three segments of the pleon or abdomen. Compare mesosome and metasome.
- n. In biology: The last morphological segment of the tail; the terminal somatome of a vertebrate. See gephyrocercal.
- n. The post-thoracic region of the body of arthropods; the abdomen or postabdomen as distinguished from the cephalothorax, and as composed of a series of urosomites or uromeres.
uro- + -some (Wiktionary)