from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pump used to evacuate an enclosure.
- n. See pulsometer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of equipment used for extraction of gas or vapour from an enclosed space, leaving the container with a partial vacuum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as Pulsometer, 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pump consisting of a chamber or barrel, a suctionpipe with a valve to prevent return flow, a discharge-pipe which has a valve that is closed when the chamber is emptied, and a steam induction-pipe provided with a valvethat is opened when the chamber is filled with water, and closed when the chamber is filled with steam.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pump that moves air in or out of something
vacuum + pump (Wiktionary)