from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who vamps; one who creates or repairs by piecing old things together; a cobbler.
- v. To swagger; to make an ostentatious show.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who vamps; one who pieces an old thing with something new; a cobbler.
- n. Same as 2nd vamp, n.
- intransitive v. To swagger; to make an ostentatious show.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who vamps; a cobbler; one who pieces an old thing with something new.
- n. One who improvises musical accompaniments. [Colloq.]
- To make an ostentatious appearance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
vamp + -er (Wiktionary)
Compare vaunt. (Wiktionary)