from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A red, yellow, or brown mineral, essentially an ore of vanadium and lead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reddish mineral, a mixed chloride and vanadate of lead with the chemical formula Pb5(VO4)3Cl, that is commercial source of vanadium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mineral occurring in yellowish, brownish, and ruby-red hexagonal crystals. It consists of lead vanadate with a small proportion of lead chloride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mineral consisting of lead vanadate with lead chlorid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mineral consisting of chloride and vanadate of lead; a source of vanadium
vanad(ium) + -in + -ite1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)