from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing or turning to vapor.
- adj. Having the nature of vapor; vaporous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing vapour; tending to pass, or to cause to pass, into vapor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing vapor; tending to pass, or to cause to pass, into vapor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That converts or is capable of converting into steam or other vapor; exhaling in a volatile form, as fluids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or characteristic of vapor
- adj. (used of substances) capable of being volatilized
Latin vapor vapor + facere to make. (Wiktionary)