from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The supportive and conductive tissue in plants, consisting of xylem and phloem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The arteries, veins, capillaries, and associated tissues in an animal.
- n. The xylem, phloem, and associated tissues in a vascular plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. vegetable tissue composed partly of ducts, or sap tubes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tissue that conducts water and nutrients through the plant body in higher plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.