from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of vascularizing; the formation of vessels, especially blood vessels.
- n. Medicine An abnormal or pathological formation of blood vessels.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the process of being vascularized.
- n. the formation of blood vessels and capillaries in living tissue
- n. the formation of leaf veins
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of becoming vascular, or the condition of being vascular; as, the vascularization of cartilege.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of becoming vascular, as by the formation of new bloodvessels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the organic process whereby body tissue becomes vascular and develops capillaries
vascular + -ization (Wiktionary)