from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small box or case used for carrying collected plant specimens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A container used by botanists to keep samples viable by maintaining a cool, humid environment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as ascidium, n., 1.
- n. A tin box, commonly cylindrical or flattened, used in collecting plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A botanist's case or box for carrying specimens as he collects them.
- n. In botany, same as ascidium, 2.
- n. In anatomy: A small vessel; a vas.
- n. The penis.
Latin vāsculum, small vessel; see vascular.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin small vessel. (Wiktionary)