from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expression in words; a word or phrase.
- n. The manner in which something is phrased; wording.
- n. A wordy phrase or sentence that has little meaning.
- n. Abundant use of words without conveying much meaning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The expression of a concept in words; the wording used in such an expression
- n. The excessive use of words, often with little meaning
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something expressed verbally; a verbal remark or expression.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something expressed orally; a verbal remark or expression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. overabundance of words
- n. the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions
Sorry, no etymologies found.