from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dull green, mottled or veined serpentine used in interior decoration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mottled green serpentine marble.
- n. A kind of green porphyry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A mottled-green serpentine marble.
- A green porphyry called oriental verd antique.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ornamental stone which has long been used and highly prized, having been well known to the ancient Romans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dark green impure marble
Obsolete French, from Italian verde antico : verde, green + antico, antique.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French vert antique a kind of marble; verd, vert, green + antique ancient: compare Italian verde antico. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.