from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Lathyrus, having pinnately compound leaves, slender tendrils, and variously colored flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A leguminous climbing plant, notably:
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any small leguminous plant of the genus Lathyrus, especially Lathyrus Nissolia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a name given loosely to plants of the genus Lathyrus. The meadow-vetchling is L. pratensis, a plant difficult to eradicate, but useful for forage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various small plants of the genus Lathyrus; climb usually by means of tendrils
vetch (“leguminous plant of genus Vicia”) + -ling (Wiktionary)