from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An inexpensive red table wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cheap claret, used as a table wine in France.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A cheap claret, used as a table wine in France.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Common wine; low-priced wine such as is almost universally drunk mixed with water throughout the larger part of France, and to a less extent in other countries of southern Europe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cheap French table wine of unspecified origin
French : vin, wine + ordinaire, ordinary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French, literally "common wine". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.