from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An arrow, having a rotary motion, formerly used with the crossbow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An arrow, having a rotary motion, formerly used with the crossbow. Cf. vireton.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bolt for a crossbow, feathered spirally so as to rotate in its flight. Also vireton.
- n. In heraldry, same as annulet. Cussans.
- An obsolete spelling of veer.
Old French vire, from virer to turn. Compare veer, vireton. (Wiktionary)