Did you perhaps mean vis-à-vis?
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a position facing one another; standing or sitting face to face.
- n. One who or that which is opposite to, or face to face with, another: used especially of one person who faces another in certain dances.
- n. A light carriage for two or four persons, who are seated facing each other; in general, any vehicle in which the seats are arranged so that the occupants sit face to face; specifically, same as sociable, I.
- n. A kind of couch: same as sociable, 3.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, is face to face with another; esp., one who faces another in dancing.
- n. A carriage in which two persons sit face to face. Also, a form of sofa with seats for two persons, so arranged that the occupants are face to face while sitting on opposite sides.
- adv. Face to face.
- n. small sofa that seats two people
- n. a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
- adv. face-to-face with; literally `face to face'
“Rich: And then, so as not to be completely spiteful, focusing on the emotional weight of it vis-a-vis Arya Maisie Williams was just fantastic.”
“No one in this administration is prancing around like an idiotic peacock arrogantly and erroneously boasting MISSION ACCOMPLISHED vis-a-vis the economy.”
“Conclusion – illegal aliens will STILL be a tax burden vis-a-vis healthcare.”
“There is a growing "eye-opening" movement in this country vis-a-vis how the populace views Republicans.”
“The push for a UN vote, on the other hand, is an important effort by the Palestinians to buttress their position vis-a-vis the Israelis with leverage from the international community much in the same way that the Israelis buttress theirs with votes from the U.S. Congress.”
“Higher interest rates could help the dollar and make other investments more competitive vis-a-vis precious metals, which pay no interest.”
“There was a baggage of suspicion created by the former regime vis-a-vis Ethiopia that Ethiopia is a conspiring country against Egypt, and of course Egypt has conspired against Ethiopia in the past, persuading international donors like the IMF and World Bank not to fund projects in Ethiopia related to the Nile River," Dirir said.”
“Fair enough, even for the staunchest of conservatives, who may recall that President Reagan, in the 1987 National Security Strategy, remarked that "The United States no longer has an overwhelming economic position vis-a-vis Western Europe and the East Asia rimland.”
“Israel and Germany are not remotely similar vis-a-vis barriers to immigration.”
“The most effective approach to neutering Al Qaeda vis-a-vis the US is to change US policies that make the US a target.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vis-a-vis’.
broker a peace ac..., client state, deadlocked peace ..., embassy, freeze, goodwill ambassador, hinterland, interfere in dome..., intervene personally, maintain technica..., mediation, no business as usual and 670 more...
cool mint antiseptic
New word list
a list of words i had to recently look up in the dictionary either for general definition or clarification purposes.
"Voila! In view, a
humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by
the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a
vestige of the...
Can you spot the twoishness?
Looking for tweets for vis-a-vis.