from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, is face to face with another; esp., one who faces another in dancing.
- n. A carriage in which two persons sit face to face. Also, a form of sofa with seats for two persons, so arranged that the occupants are face to face while sitting on opposite sides.
- adv. Face to face.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a position facing one another; standing or sitting face to face.
- n. One who or that which is opposite to, or face to face with, another: used especially of one person who faces another in certain dances.
- n. A light carriage for two or four persons, who are seated facing each other; in general, any vehicle in which the seats are arranged so that the occupants sit face to face; specifically, same as sociable, I.
- n. A kind of couch: same as sociable, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small sofa that seats two people
- n. a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
- adv. face-to-face with; literally `face to face'
Sorry, no etymologies found.