American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Forceful attempts at vomiting without bringing up the contents of the stomach; retching.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ineffectual attempts to vomit; retching.
- n. The vomiting of but little matter, or vomiting with little effort.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An ineffectual attempt to vomit.
- n. The vomiting of but little matter; also, that vomiting which is effected with little effort.
- vomit + (mict)urition. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“When Termite discovers the words vomica, vomit, vomitive, vomitory, vomitorium, vomiturition, and vomitus in the dictionary, she comments that, Page 1,355 has got to be the best page of the dictionary ever.”
“In paralysis of sensation, the reflexes of coughing, vomiturition and vomiting are obtunded.”
“If the amount of scar tissue is small, the lumen maintains its mobility; opens and closes during respiration, cough, and vomiturition.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘vomiturition’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for vomiturition.