from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An appliance having hinged indented plates that impress a grid pattern into waffle batter as it bakes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cooking appliance, with hinged, indented metal plates, used to make waffles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an iron utensil or mold made in two parts shutting together, -- used for cooking waffles over a fire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An iron utensil for baking waffles over a fire, having two flat halves hinged together, one to contain the batter, the other to cover it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kitchen appliance for baking waffles; the appliance usually consists of two indented metal pans hinged together so that they create a pattern on the waffle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.