American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An accumulation of funds to finance a war effort.
- n. A fund reserved for a particular purpose such as a political campaign.
- n. A fund to finance a war
- n. by extension A fund for some special purpose, such as a political campaign
- n. a fund accumulated to finance a war (or a political campaign)
“By valuing each dollar of Cisco’s sales at 5.5 times that of its not-exactly-undervalued peers, investors boosted Cisco’s vast war chest of what analysts called Cisco dollars—that is, highly valued shares of stock.”
Looking for tweets for war chest.