from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An accumulation of funds to finance a war effort.
- n. A fund reserved for a particular purpose such as a political campaign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fund to finance a war
- n. A fund for some special purpose, such as a political campaign
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fund accumulated to finance a war (or a political campaign)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.