from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An often physical or electronic simulation of a military operation involving two or more forces and using rules, data, and procedures designed to depict an actual or assumed situation.
- n. A simulation of a proposed plan of action or a strategy, intended to test its validity when challenged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A simulation, by whatever means, of a military operation involving two or more opposing forces using rules, data, and procedures designed to depict an actual or assumed real-life situation.
- n. A game that simulates or represents a military operation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a simulation of a military operation intended to train military commanders or to demonstrate a situation or to test a proposed strategy
Sorry, no etymologies found.