from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A band of warriors engaged in fighting or raiding an enemy. Used especially of Native Americans.
- n. A usually blatantly patriotic political party supporting a war.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of people assembled to carry out a military attack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a band of warriors who raid or fight an enemy (used especially of Native Americans)
- n. a political party that supports a war
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.