from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several species of plants in the genus Telopea, native to southeastern Australia.
- n. A Y-shaped steel fencing post or stake
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stout erect Australian shrub, Telopea speciosissima, also T. oreades, of the Proteaceæ, bearing dense heads, some 3 inches broad, of brilliant crimson flowers. It is sometimes grown in greenhouses, but is not easily cultivated.
- n. A variety of the common camellia, with flowers resembling those of Anemone; anemone-flowered camellia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall shrub of eastern Australia having oblanceolate to obovate leaves and red flowers in compact racemes
- n. straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes
From Dharug warada. (Wiktionary)