Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That has been subjected to washing, in any sense.
- Of the nature of a “wash”: applied on the exchanges to a mere transfer by a broker of the stock or commodity which one principal had instructed him to sell to another customer who had given instructions to purchase a similar quantity of the same stock or commodity.
- In zoology, overlaid, as a surface or a groundcolor, with a wash or light tint or color: as, a fox's black pelt washed with silver. See wash, n., 10 .
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of wash.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Appearing as if overlaid with a thin layer of different color; -- said of the colors of certain birds and insects.
- adj. clean by virtue of having been washed in water
- adj. wet as from washing; sometimes used in combination
“This increase will be of approximately -- taking into account increases and other measures of which I will speak later -- 11.57 (presumably pesos -- ed.) per quintal of low grade coffee, (? and) 13.62 per quintal of what we call washed coffee. (as heard)”
“And, midway, he dug down through the red volcanic earth that had washed from the disintegrating hill above, until he uncovered quartz, rotten quartz, that broke and crumbled in his hands and showed to be alive with free gold.”
“Martin washed woollens that day, by hand, in a large barrel, with strong soft-soap, by means of a hub from a wagon wheel, mounted on”
“Even if you do not know anything about her – send a glowing appraisal of her so that all others will be brain washed ....”
“Most people have been brain washed to think Obama's health bill is wrong.”
“If my child can be brain washed into staying in school, I welcome it.”
“These old people have been brain washed by the conservative special interest that want to the status quo to continue.”
“This one, in washed shades of pale orange accented with pink, contrasts nicely with the vivid oranges, reds and yellows of the church.”
“I'm tired of war mongering, racist, ignorant, thieving, brain washed, Blue Dogs, fake Dems, corporate villain Republicans pretending to be Christians.”
“The rest of them, don't even deserve to have an opinion, since those brain washed people are not exactly the best source for such sort of political comments (or any sort of comments, for that matter)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘washed’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for washed.