American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A shallow glass dish used as a beaker cover or evaporating surface.
- n. A concavo-convex glass or plastic disk used to cover the face of a watch.
- n. chemistry An item of glass laboratory equipment consisting of a simple slightly concave circle of glass. It is a general utility item, used to hold small samples, to evaporate liquids, to cover a beaker, and so on.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Naut.) A half-hour glass used to measure the time of a watch on deck.
- n. a protective cover that protects the face of a watch
- n. laboratory glassware; a shallow glass dish used as an evaporating surface or to cover a beaker
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘watch glass’.
List of laboratory glassware and apparatuses, machines, tools, etc., starting with burette.
Please feel free to help me populate this list, all you mad scientist Wordniks.
Looking for tweets for watch glass.