American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) of Asia, often domesticated especially as a draft animal and having large spreading horns. Also called carabao, water ox.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See watercow.
- n. A large ungulate, widely used as a domestic animal in Asia, South America. North Africa and Europe.
- n. US, colloquial A water tank mounted on a trailer to be towed by a motor vehicle.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Zoöl.) The European buffalo.
- n. an Asian buffalo that is often domesticated for use as a draft animal
“Kudra took to the marriage bed the way a water buffalo takes to a mud wallow.”
“It tells of a man named Don Lamu, who strolled out to move his water buffalo onto pasture and “got an attack from a komodo which caused a very serious pain which needed a very long cure.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘water buffalo’.
how water is used
above water, across, over, on ..., all on a water, attend, watch (a ..., bear water, to, be on the water, to, bran and water, brandy-and-water, bread and water, burning water, by water, †cast, look, look... and 906 more...
So I've always kind of eschewed the notion of producing 50,000 words of crap in a single month, but somehow something possessed me to try for it this year. Add stuff to this list and I promise I'll...
Feral animals, invasive plants and other pests (in Australia).
Animals and birds of nations and states. Also see Stately Plants
Looking for tweets for water buffalo.