from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for cooling and dispensing drinking water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dispenser of cooled drinking water.
- n. A place in the workplace where employees gossip.
- adj. of the nature of things discussed around a water-cooler
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device for cooling and dispensing drinking water
water + cooler. In sense of gossip, compare scuttlebutt, of similar origin. (Wiktionary)