from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small natural depression in which water collects, especially a pool where animals come to drink.
- n. Informal A social gathering place, such as a bar or saloon, where drinks are served: "a Warsaw restaurant that was once a cosmopolitan watering hole for actors and writers” ( Newsweek).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A depression where water collects and animals come to drink
- n. A bar or other local drinking establishment
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a health resort near a spring or at the seaside
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.