from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A line formed by the surface of the water on the hull of a ship when she is afloat; any of a series of short lines marked on the hull to show where the waterline would be under different loadings.
- n. A horizontal line indicating the shape of an airfoil.
- n. A line showing where the water has been, usually a line separating dry land and wet areas; a watermark or tidemark.
- n. the inner rim of the eyelid, just behind the lash line; primarily used in reference to the application of eyeliner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line corresponding to the surface of the water when the vessel is afloat on an even keel; often painted on the hull of a ship
water + line (Wiktionary)