from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for measuring in watts the power flowing in a circuit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for measuring electric power in watts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring power in watts, -- much used in measuring the energy of an electric current.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for measuring in watts the rate of working or the activity in an electric circuit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument for measuring in watts the flow of power in an electrical circuit
watt + -meter (Wiktionary)