American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A colorless to greenish yellow or black mineral, Al3(PO4)2(OH)3·5H2O, having finely acicular, radiating crystals and sometimes mined for the extraction of phosphorous.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hydrous phosphate of aluminium, commonly found in radiated hemispherical or globular crystalline concretions from a very small size to 1 inch in diameter, and of a white to yellow-green or brown color. See cut under radiate.
- n. mineralogy A hydrated aluminium phosphate, Al3(PO4)2(OH,F)3·5H2O, sometimed mined as a source of phosphorus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) A hydrous phosphate of alumina, occurring usually in hemispherical radiated forms varying in color from white to yellow, green, or black.
- Wavell + -ite, after W. Wavell, British physician. (Wiktionary)
- After W. Wavell (died 1829), British physician. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wavellite’.
List of minerals, elements, group names and geochemistry terms encountered in the science of mineralogy. I've chosen to avoid capital letters in most examples, though a great many mineral names hon...
Looking for tweets for wavellite.