from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various usually destructive caterpillars that construct webs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various caterpillars, mostly of the family Pyralidae, that spin a web.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of various species of moths whose gregarious larvæ eat the leaves of trees, and construct a large web to which they retreat when not feeding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any one of several lepidopterous larvæ which feed more or less gregariously, and spin large webs into which they retire at night, or within which they feed during the day until the contained foliage is entirely devoured, when the web is enlarged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. several gregarious moth larvae that spin webs over foliage on which they feed
web + worm (Wiktionary)